- Search the template gallery for "gClassFolders" or click the link under Get Started on the right and create a new document or add using the Script Gallery from within a Google Sheet
- Once installed you will see a new menu labeled "gClassFolders"
Fill in data
- Enter the information pertaining to the classes.
Authorize the Script
- For a script to run you need to authorize it. To do this run the Initial Settings option.
- This will make a red warning popup, click OK
- After you authorize the script re-run the Initial Settings menu option.
- Choose wisely as you cannot change these settings afterward
- Set the language ~ This uses Google Translate so actual translation is our of our hands.
- Take the default folder names or rename them appropreatly
- Choose whether you are running this as a teacher or for a school wide deployment
- Note: The folder structure is different for the end user between the two modes.
- The "gClassFolders" menu will change to reflect your current options
- Click "Create new folders and shares"
- A status column will be filled in as the folders are created
- If anything should happen during the process, just re-run "Create new folders and shares" and the script will pic up where it left off
- When completed check your Google Drive and you should see your classes
- Students should go to their "Drive"
- Create a Folder for their class
- Click "Shared With Me"
- Drag the Class Edit, Class View, and their class dropbox to the folder they just created in Drive